A quick internet search of ‘how to choose the best aged care assisted living facility’ shows that in the South Eastern United States there are over 3,000 assisted living facilities.
There are plenty of options for great senior living communities throughout Florida, but Victoria Landing is a beautiful waterfront assisted living facility in Melbourne, FL that allows you or your loved one to age in place surrounded by pristine waters, caring and professional staff, and the best amenities that allow you to live life to the fullest.
What makes an aged care assisted living facility great?
A superb, quality assisted living facility provides an environment for seniors that speaks to all aspects of their health and wellbeing.
Health comes in many forms: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. To live a productive life, we need to address all of these aspects. The best assisted living facility for you will address all of these components.
What should I look for in an assisted living facility?
When the time comes to consider aging in place outside of your home, you will want to consider all offerings your assisted living facility of choice has including:
- Provide you with safety
- Provide you with peace of mind
- Offer actives to keep you active
- Create an environment for social interaction
- Allow for medical care should the need arise
- Consider your personal nutritional needs
What should I inquire about when I interview assisted living facilities?
Once you have narrowed down your senior living community choices, you will want to schedule a tour and interview with your top choices, and ask the following questions:
- Does your staff have a high turnover rate? If so, why?
- How many staff members are there per resident?
- Who administers medications in your facility?
- What kind of care does your staff provide?
- What is housing like?
- Can I choose my living quarters?
- What can I bring with me to the facility?
- Are there private bathrooms?
- What types of social events do you put on?
- What happens if I need care outside of regular business hours?
These are just a few of the questions you will want to consider during the interview process. You will also want to inquire about the financial side of things, and make sure the assisted living facility is equipped to meet your healthcare needs.
Assisted living facilities can provide the comforts of home with the safety and security of supervised care.
According to American Senior Communities assisted living facilities are a great answer for those seniors who desire independence but may need additional daily help. Current research shows that close to one million people in the United States reside in senior living communities, including assisted living facilities. By the year 2030, that number may double.
Now is the time to begin your research, and Victoria Landing in Melbourne Florida is here to assist you every step of the way. For more information on our assisted living facility and services, please contact us today.